Mr & Mrs

Mr & Mrs

Cooper

Cooper

My Two Favorite Men

My Two Favorite Men

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sleeping through the Night....Part Deaux

(Ignore the fact that it's been so long...) So Cooper has been sleeping through the night since he was a little over two months old. It started out as sleeping from about 9pm to about 5am ish, maybe a tad longer some days. It has gradually grown to where he would go to bed between 7 and 8p and wake up around 6-6:30. Then when I started back working, I have to be in at 7am, so I would get up and get myself ready then wake him up around 5:30am to get him ready right quick and off to my mother's house. Since he was up so early, he had been going to bed a little earlier, but still sleeping through the night.

 Well, that got thrown out of whack when we moved. We recently bought a new place, and since moving in, Cooper hasn't slept well. I know that the new environment is throwing him off, plus he is teething something fierce so that has a lot to do with it. But wow, this mama was thrown for an even bigger loop! I got really used to sleeping again! The last week or so has seen Cooper getting up every 2 hours at night. He doesn't want to eat or anything, he wants to snuggle and be rocked. And of course, bad mommy, I don't have the heart to let him cry it out and go back to sleep on his own. So I get him up, rock him to sleep, and put him back in bed. Which takes about 30 minutes each time he does it. That means I've been losing about two hours of the sleep I usually get, plus the time it takes me to fall back asleep. So maybe its three hours. Either way, I'm exhausted.

 Last night, he managed to sleep all the way through, but he was up for the day at 5am this morning, therefore, so was I. I'm so not sure what's going on. I know I just probably have to give him time and let him get used to his new surroundings. So I guess that's what we are doing. Giving it some time.

 In other news, the boy loves food! We have started him on baby food full time, which he gets twice a day right now. He usually gets a fruit for breakfast, usually bananas, and then a veggie sometime around lunch-ish. He loves bananas, and has had peaches also. As for veggies, I haven't found one that he wouldn't eat. He likes squash, peas, sweet potatoes, but his favorite so far is carrots. I can't get them in fast enough. With the other foods, when he sees the next bite coming, he opens his mouth, but with carrots, he has his mouth wide open before I even get the next bite ready! He loves it! I'm so glad, because my eyesight sucks bad, so maybe the carrots will help. Or maybe it won't have anything to do with it, but hey, a mama can hope.

 Now that I've been up over an hour, it's time to get ready for work. I love our new place because it's 4 miles from my job instead of 24, and it's less than 2 miles from Dixie's work. Awesome I know! Maybe I'll get around to posting some pics of the babe, but you know, they are all still on my camera, which I think is still packed somewhere....I think....it better be...

 Anywhoozle.... off to work. Maybe I'll have a good story or something later...

No comments:

Post a Comment